THE INCUBATOR THAT WILL PROPEL YOUR START-UP TOWARD LASTING SUCCESS
CTIHR is a non-profit organization that has been offering start-up businesses premises suited to their needs for nearly 20 years. The incubator also offers basic support and administrative services as part of a welcoming environment devoted to technological and industrial innovation..
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE AEROSPACE, CIVIL SECURITY AND DEFENSE INDUSTRIES
Are you a business owner looking to propel an innovative project with passion?
CTIHR offers an array of products developed specifically to support and guide fourth-generation projects in the fields of defence, aerospace, security and the civil use of a drone (including land drones).
CTIHR facilities namely include the following facilities:
- Variable geometry premises;
- A laboratory space with cutting-edge equipment dedicated to mechatronics;
- Individual FAB-LAB spaces;
- Technical support in applied research;
- Networking and support for marketing support;
- A 3D thermoplastic and metal demonstration platform;
- Multimedia conference rooms;
- Training rooms;
WHY CHOOSE CTIHR FOR YOUR START-UP?
Because CTIHR is located at the heart of the aerospace activities of a garrison city and the security and defence industries are part of the region’s DNA.
Because your business will enjoy the advantages offered by CTIHR:
- Incubator devoted to security and defence;
- A base of the Centre RISC (Centre de recherche et d’innovation en sécurité civile);
- World-class facilities to receive fourth-generation projects;
- Direct access to the airport apron;
- Presence of an operating control tower;
- Industrial sector in a peaceful environment;
- Well-known incubator;
- Privileged access to the resources of the Continuum intégré de développement de « start-ups » en défense et sécurité.
LE CONTINUUM INTÉGRÉ DE DÉVELOPPEMENT DE « START-UPS » EN DÉFENSE ET SÉCURITÉ
Uniting and leveraging critical partners that are leaders in their field, the Continuum aims to promote the creation of start-ups in the security and defence domains. It strives to accelerate and consolidate the growth of these emerging businesses, and promote synergies and collaborations between business owners, SMBs and any other innovation stakeholder (Centres collégiaux de transfert de technologie, universities, R&D centres, institutional and private investors, government bodies).
4 interconnected components :
See more partners
See fewer partners
ONE OF THE PROJECTS SUPPORTED BY CTIHR
Ocellus project (Experimental mobile monitoring unit)
Recognized need :
Faced with numerous situations requiring quick yet sound decision-making, it would be in the best interest of Quebec’s intervention teams, including fire and civil security workers, police officers, environmental workers, etc., to have access to as much relevant information as possible:
- Intervention in case of a large fire;
- Search and rescue;
- Control of industrial waste;
- Emergency response during a large-scale event;
Proposed solution :
A shared mobile aerial drone service.
A response team that does not have all the necessary information to make an enlightened decision can call on the mobile unit.
This unit deploys a drone equipped with sensors (thermal, multispectral, HD, 4K cameras; gas detectors, sound recordings, secure/encrypted communication and transmission systems) that flies over the desired area and records data.
This data is immediately analyzed by the experts of the mobile unit, and the findings are then quickly sent to the response team. The latter can then act as effectively as possible.
Pilot project goals :
- Get a few cities of the Montérégie area involved in the shared drone service;
- Experiment with and document drone use in support of various municipal services – increasing efficiency and productivity;
- Support the cities in integrating drone use to their operations;
- Support the cities in the development of their creation of their drone purchase and use policy (purchase of goods or services, relevant services, training, regulatory processes, etc.).
Centre Technologique et Industriel du Haut-Richelieu
Continuum intégré de développement de « start-ups » en défense et sécurité